Sunday 15 April 2012

Review: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy


I don't know about you guys but I have been absolutely OBSESSED with all the 'your lips but better' lip colours that have been hitting the shelves recently, My absolute favourite one being the infamous Chanel Boy, as recently worn by January Jones at the SAG awards.

The formulation of this lipstick is almost that of a balmy tinted lip conditioner, that being glossy, sheer and very moisturising which for me is perfect for everyday wear as I very often get dry lips.

The actual colour of this lipstick looks almost plum/brown in the tube, but when applied turns a lovely rosey pink hue, which enhances my natural lip colour perfectly. This lipstick also carries a very slight shimmer which isn't too much, adding a nice bit of shine to the lip. This also eliminates the need for a gloss which is always a nice way to take out that extra step in the morning. Being a night owl,  this is always something that I appreciate!
This lipstick is absolutely perfect not only for those days where you don't really feel like wearing much makeup, and just want to add a bit of colour to the lips, but also for a toned down lip with a heavy eye.

This lipstick can be purchased at Chanel counters and stores Worldwide.
Love from lilapislay xx

No comments:

Post a Comment