Monday 14 May 2012

N.O.T.D: Revlon Sunshine Sparkle


I don't know about you but I have had my eye on Sally Hansen's Yellow Kitty for yonks now and have come super duper close to buying it a number of times. But when I finally tried it out at the store I found the formula was streaky and somehow chalky so I decided not to invest. 

A friend actually bought this polish for me because she knew I had been looking for a creamy yellow colour similar to yellow kitty ever since. I have to say this is the closest thing I have found so far, and it may even be better that its chalky sister. 


The formula of this polish is creamy and milky, but made slightly grainy by the slight hint of golden/yellow shimmer.

The one downside to this polish however, is how hard it is to get off! This is one of those polishes that lasts ages on your nails, but is close to impossible to get off at the end of the week. 

This colour is surprisingly flattering considering it is yellow, usually the colour that causes me to look so washed out I look like a zombie on drugs. 
I wore this shade a couple of days ago for House Swimming Sports, the colour of my House, Jellicoe, being yellow,  and it held up relatively well in the chlorinated, easy to chip environment that is the pool. 

Being a lower end polish, I think that this is a great alternative to more expensive colours such as Butter London Cheeky Chops, as it does pretty much the same job for around half the price. 

 Revlon Nail Polishes are available at Revlon counters worldwide




No comments:

Post a Comment